Dr. Deborah Kern
Dr. Deborah Kern is a health scientist who dares people to live in harmony with the wisdom of their bodies. This conviction was inspired by her pioneering research showing that mind/body integrated approaches to exercise are more effective at reducing anxiety than conventional approaches to exercise. This discovery stimulated Dr. Kern to go deeper.
Her search has included studying and practicing:
- Herbal medicine while living with indigenous women in the rainforest of Costa Rica
- Yogic lifestyle while living on an ashram
- Nia – a cardiovascular exercise that blends movements from the martial arts, dance, body integration therapies, and yoga
- Ayurveda – the ancient healing system from India
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy – a body-mind therapy
- Exotic Dance for Everyday Women
Formerly the Executive Director of Lifestyle Enrichment at the prestigious Lake Austin Spa Resort, Dr. Kern is an internationally acclaimed speaker and author on mind/body/spirit health.